What we offer
Nitartha Institute courses are modeled on the Tibetan shedra (monastic college) and gomdra (meditation retreat) systems. In addition, Nitartha offers courses in the Arts, Healing, and Tibetan language.
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about upcoming programs near you.
Knowing our mind
Dates Announced For Mahamudra Practice Intensives At The Summer Institute
Nitartha is pleased to announce:
Three 9-day Mahamudra practice intensives with Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche and Acharya Lama Tenpa Gyaltsen, July 11 - August 10, 2014
Open to everyone, the three 9-day intensives will occur at Western Washington University on the following dates:
- Mahamudra Intensive #1 - Friday, July 11 to Saturday, July 19
- Travel Day/Day Off - Sunday, July 20
- Mahamudra Intensive #2 - Monday, July 21 to Wednesday, July 30 (Saturday, July 26 is a scheduled day off)
- Travel Day/Day Off - Thursday, July 31
- Mahamudra Intensive #3 - Friday, August 1 to Saturday, August 9
- Travel Day - Sunday, August 10
>To receive further information as it comes available, just click here.
Imagine spending your summer at Nitartha. Its the perfect Buddhist summer camp! Engage in any of these enlightening activities: intensive Buddhist study, Mahamudra practice, the Arts, Healing, or Tibetan language. In January, we will announce available courses, the registration process and course fees.
CHALLENGE YOUR "SELF." Join us for Nitartha Summer 2014!
Support Nitartha Institute
Help Nitartha realize Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche's vision to transplant Buddhism to the West and to train Western students in the full depth of the scholastic and meditative traditions.
- More Art Courses Planned
- Nitartha Alumni Federation (NAF) on Facebook
- A Message For Potential Donors
- Nitartha In Poland
- Weekend Art Course at Nalanda West in Seattle, Nov 30-Dec 1
- Clear Thinking in Boulder & NYC, Oct 29-Dec 17
- New Art Course at the Summer Institute
- Nitartha Institute Online Campus Launched
- Recent Publications
- Courses Conducted in Spanish