What we offer
Nitartha Institute courses are modeled on the Tibetan shedra (monastic college/Buddhist Studies) and gomdra (meditation retreat) systems. In addition, Nitartha offers courses in the arts, healing, and language.
To log in to your Student Registration Account (A.S.A.P.), Click Here.
To log in to your Moodle Account, Click Here.
Sign up for our newsletter to find out about upcoming programs near you.
Registration open for
2015 Summer Institute Online Courses
Six courses will be offered online this summer from the 2015 Summer Institute at Western Washington University. Click on the class links below for more information and to register:
- BUD 541 Mind and Its World I: Valid Cognition & BUD 502 Clear Thinking
- BUD 545 Mind and Its World V: Vaibhashika Philosophical Tradition
- BUD 601 Chittamatra Philosophical Tradition: Appearances Are Mere Mind
- BUD 620 Paths & Bhumis: The Path to Enlightenment.
- BUD 630 Buddha Nature: Luminous Heart of the Tathagata
- BUD 780 Uttaratantra & Sutras of the Third Turning
- BUD 796 Lama Mipham's Beacon of Certainty
2015 Summer Institute Registration is Open
Join us this summer for the 20th Nitartha Summer Institute. The overall program dates are July 10 - August 8.
The registration deadline is June 15, 2015.
For more information, click here.
Happy New Year
Support Nitartha Institute
Help Nitartha realize Dzogchen Ponlop Rinpoche's vision to transplant Buddhism to the West and to train Western students in the full depth of the scholastic and meditative traditions.
- Book Signing with Karl Brunnholzl
- Clear Thinking in Connecticut
- R.D. Salga at Nalanda West
- Nitartha Institute in Europe Slideshow
- Innovation in Recently Completed Clear Thinking Course
- Mind and Its World I: Valid Cognition in Boulder & NYC, Jan 7-Mar 4
- Nitartha Alumni Federation (NAF) on Facebook
- Nitartha In Poland
- Weekend Art Course at Nalanda West in Seattle, Nov 30-Dec 1
- Courses Conducted in Spanish